HO SPORTS Round Aquatic Device RAD 3' Inflatable Disc
Before wakeboarding was invented, water sports pioneers of the '60s experimented with objects to ride behind the boat. Some of the more successful riding devices were wooden discs. Grandpa would take a piece of plywood to his woodshop and cut it into a circular shape. The family would take turns "discing" in between water ski sets. It was a great way to introduce people to riding behind the boat without the learning curve associated with waterskiing. 50 years later, Hyperlite combined the nostalgia of the past with the advanced materials and construction methods of today to give you the all new RAD Disc. Round Aquatic Devices (RADs) allow anyone, regardless of skill level, to participate in a day behind the boat. Everyone is guaranteed to get up on the 3' RAD+...just put the handle in the handle hook; sit, stand, or kneel; and away you go. The riding possibilities are endless. Fun for all ages, the RAD is guaranteed to turn some heads on your lake this summer.
- Drop Stitch is a pretty amazing material HO Sports is using to create the RAD. This material allows HO to build inflatable items that can be inflated to optimum rigidity while delivering ultra-durability. Drop Stitch is achieved by joining two pieces of support fabric together with thousands of fine polyester thread lengths. Each thread is spaced evenly and all threads are the exact same length. Next an air-tight coating is applied to the top and bottom of the support material to ensure an serious seal. Drop Stitch construction is capable of levels of pressure equal to 20 psi.
Soft Nylon Handle
- A single pull strap found on the RAD+ used for steering when the handle is docked in the handle hook.
Machined EVA Traction Pad
- For unsurpassed traction. Your feet won't be sliding around with this traction pad underneath them.
- Use the included hand pump with psi pressure gauge tip to achieve your desired level of inflation. The RAD is capable of holding up to 20 psi.
- Put your handle here for hands free starts or use it to dock the rope when pulling smaller children who may not have the grip strength to hold the handle while towing.
Pro tip: Use both hands when placing or removing the handle in the hook.
Manufacturer: HO Sports