HYPERLITE Shim Wakesurf Board 2018
Brian Grubb's signature model, the versatile Hyperlite Shim Wakesurf Board shims the gap between skim and surf styles with its tri fin design, mellow channel tail and grabby rails. All this combined with a sturdy Durashell construction creates a speedy ripping ride that is no stranger to wild airs and poppy shuvs.
Construction and Materials
- EPS Core
- LAP Construction
- Monocoque Construction – Integrating the top glass and the bottom glass into one. Generating a more durable board on side impacts to prevent delamination.
- Dura-Shell Construction – Catch the wave, pop a shuv, toes on the nose -- Wakesurfing is blowing up. Hyperlite's exclusive Dura-Shell construction equips you with lightweight, affordable shapes that feel like hand shaped boards.
- Layered Glass – Hyperlite's fiberglass is available in 3 weights depending on the board. Over time, traditional woven glass fibers will separate. With layered glass every Hyperlite deck will have the same pop off the double up year after year.
- Pintail Design
- 2.1" Tip / .85" Tail
- 2.7" Tip / .95" Tail
- Single Concave Base Contour
- Mellow Tail Channels
- Seamless Rail Finish
- 2 - 3.5" TORQ Fish Fins
- 1 - 2.4" Fish Fin
- Fully Machined EVA Traction Pad
- Butch Customs – Scott Bouchard entered the shaping scene as an innovator with a background rooted in surf. His unique take on the 3-Stage Rocker helped riders like Byerly and JD get more pop off the wake when wakes were small. His passion for sourcing new materials and creating new construction methods has produced some of Hyperlite's bestselling models.
Ability Level: Intermediate-Advanced
Board Style: Hybrid
Core Material: Fiberglass, Wood
Athletes: Brian Grubb
Warranty: 1 Year
Length (in): 55
Width (in): 21
Rider Weight (lbs): 100+